(1) The Commission shall establish an audit committee (‘committee’) to perform the functions specified in this section
|Appointment of Membership||(2) As soon as may be following the appointment of the ordinary members of the Commission under section 8(3) [of the 2003 Act], the Commission shall appoint the membership of the committee.|
(3) The committee shall consist of the following persons:
|Quorum||(4) The quorum for a meeting of the committee shall be 3.|
|External Chairperson||(5) The Commission shall designate one of the persons appointed under subsection (3)(c) as the chairperson of the committee.|
(6) (a) The members of the committee appointed under subsection (3)(a) and (b) shall hold office for the duration of their membership of the Commission or of the relevant House of the Oireachtas, as the case may be.
(7) Subject to subsection (6), the members appointed under subsection (3)(c) shall hold office on such other terms and conditions as may be determined by the Commission.
|Removal of Member||(8) A member of the committee may be removed from office by the Commission at any time for stated reasons.|
|Audit Plans and Reports||(9) The Secretary General shall ensure that the committee is provided with all of the Commission’s audit plans and reports.|
(10) The committee shall:
(11) The committee’s duties under subsection (10)(a) include advising on the following:
|Annual Reports||(12) The report of the committee under subsection (10)(c) may be published with the annual report of the Commission under section 6 [of the 2003 Act]|
|Meetings||(13) The committee shall meet at least 4 times in each year and may invite a person who has responsibility for internal audits or financial matters within the staff of the Service, or any other person it considers appropriate, to attend specific meetings.|