Membership of the Commission
The Commission has 11 members and is chaired by the Ceann Comhairle, the Chairman of Dáil Éireann.
- The Chairman of Dáil Éireann
- The Chairman of Seanad Éireann
- The Secretary General of the Houses of the Oireachtas Service
- A member of one of the Houses of the Oireachtas appointed by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform [the “Minister’s representative”]
- Four ordinary members appointed by the Dáil
- Three ordinary members appointed by the Seanad.
Commission members serve in a corporate capacity and do not represent their parties. The Commission operates on the general principle that it seeks to support the Houses and all members equally in carrying out their role as elected representatives.