Rannóg an Aistriúcháin
The main responsibilities of Rannóg an Aistriúcháin (The Translation Section) are:
- Provision of the official translations of the Acts of the Oireachtas
- Provision of a Simultaneous Translation Service for the Houses of the Oireachtas
- Translation of material for the Order Papers of both Houses.
The Rannóg also provides the following services:
- Management of An Caighdeán Oifigiúil 2016 (the official grammar for the Irish language)
- Management of the Houses of the Oireachtas Language Scheme
- Members Correspondence Translation Service
- Miscellaneous translation services for the Houses of the Oireachtas Service
- Provision of the official Irish language titles of State bodies, official schemes and other material referred to in legislation
- Publication of terminology lists extracted from the Acts of the Oireachtas.
Telephone: 00 353 1 6183922