Welcome to the Seanad Éireann “Young Senator” Student Challenge for transition year students. Through your participation in this challenge it’s hoped that you will have an opportunity to broaden your knowledge and interest in Ireland’s parliamentary process and tradition.
The Challenge is open to all students currently in Transition Year and we are now accepting entries in two areas:
• written essay that should be in the form of a speech that you would give to Seanad Éireann on either of the two topics listed below. Your speech should be not less than 500 words and not more than 750 words
• video essay that should be in the form of a speech that you would give to Seanad Éireann on either of the two topics listed below. Your speech should be not less than 90 seconds in length and not more than 120 seconds in length
The two topics selected to your consideration are:
1. Do you think the Leaving Certificate prepares you for life?
2. The challenges that face Ireland and does my future lie here?
A shortlist of entries will be chosen and those students will be invited to attend an event in Seanad Éireann in Spring 2013.
If you would like to take part here’s the links to more details of The Challenge:
1. Challenge details and Terms and Conditions
Sonraí, Téarmaí agus Cionniollacha an Chomortais