Media accreditation for journalists
Members of the media who wish to attend meetings of Oireachtas Committees or Oireachtas media events should contact the Communications Unit of the Houses of the Oireachtas in advance. You may be required to produce photo identity to gain access to Oireachtas events.
On sitting days of the Dáil, Seanad and Oireachtas Committees, Leinster House is a busy workplace. It is hoped that the following points might assist you in going about your business in Leinster House.
- On arrival at Leinster House, you should report to the Visitor Reception Area at the Kildare Street Gate (the glass area to the right of the Kildare Street Gate), where you will be directed to either pick up your access pass at the Enquiry Office or to go directly to LH 2000 where the Committee meeting rooms are located.
- In each of the four Committee meeting rooms there is a row of reserved seating for the media. These seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- While attending a Committee meeting you should ensure that your mobile phone is switched off.
- Visitors and members of the media who are attending Oireachtas Committee meetings must not cross from the visitors’ gallery onto the Committee floor. Your attention is particularly drawn to the fact that you must never interfere with the papers of Oireachtas Members.
- Members of the media should contact the Communications Unit or the Committee Press Liaison Officers directly to make the necessary arrangements to receive copies of statements or speeches made at the Oireachtas Committee Meetings. Click here for direct access to Oireachtas Committee webcasts.
- The Parliamentary Ushers are available at all times to assist you with any queries during your time in Leinster House. From time to time, they may request you to follow their instruction and your cooperation is expected and acknowledged in advance.
Journalists wishing to attend plenary sittings of Dáil Éireann or Seanad Éireann should contact the following officers of the Oireachtas Press Gallery in advance to arrange accreditation. You may be required to produce photo identity.
- Gavan Reilly - telephone 087 924 9543, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eileen Brophy - telephone 087 252 1044