Budget 2010 - Live and Archive Coverage
- Webcast recording of the Budget Speech[View]
- Oireachtas Live Live Windows Media Player Webcasting and Flash Webcasting
- The budget statement may be followed by Financial Resolutions- which give temporary legislative backing for immediate budgetary changes
- The Official Report of Parliamentary Debates (Dáil) will include the full text of the Budget statement and debate
The following bills, when enacted, will give legislative effect to the Budget:
- Social Welfare and Pensions (No. 2) Bill 2009 (Number 76 of 2009)
- This bill deals with social welfare and pensions matters
- Finance Bill 2010
- This bill will deal with taxation matters.
- The Estimates and the Appropriation Bill 2010
- The estimates (legislative proposals on how the Government will spend its money in 2010) will be voted on by the Dáil during 2010, and may be referred to select committees for discussion.
- The Appropriation Bill 2010 (which includes the estimates for 2010) will be published and passed in December 2010.
Budget 2010 Background Information
The Budget sets out the Government's budgetary targets for the following three years.
Documents relating to the Budget, including the Estimates, are or will be published on the Department of Finance Web site and on Budget 2010.
The following documents may be of interest: