Joint Committee on Communications, Marine and Natural Resources 2002- 2007
(Select Committee of Dáil Éireann and Select Committee of Seanad Éireann)See also:
List of Members
Fiona O'Malley (PD)
Thomas P. Broughan (Lab)
Bernard J. Durkan (FG)
Martin Ferris (SF)
Dermot Fitzpatrick (FF) (Convenor)
Peter Kelly (FF)
Thomas McEllistrim (FF)
Denis O'Donovan (FF)
Noel O'Flynn (FF) (Chairman)
John Perry (FG) (Vice-Chairman)
Eamon Ryan (GP) (Convenor)
Michael Finucane (FG)
Brendan Kenneally (FF)
Marc McSharry (FF)
Kathleen O'Meara (Lab)
Changes of Membership:
Members appointed by Seanad Éireann 6 November 2002
Members appointed by Dáil Éireann 7 November 2002
Deputy Durkan replaced Deputy Simon Coveney by order of the Dáil of the 20th October 2004.
Deputy Ferris replaced Deputy Arthur Morgan by order of the Dáil of the 6th May 2004.
Deputy Fitzpatrick replaced Deputy Martin Brady as Government Convenor on the 25th November 2004.
Deputy Perry replaced Deputy Paul Kehoe by order of the Dáil of the 20th October 2004.
Deputy Perry replaced Senator Michael Finucane as Vice-Chairman at the Joint Committee meeting of the 3rd November 2004.
Deputy Martin Brady be discharged from the Joint Committee on Communications, Marine and Natural Resources and that Deputy Fiona O'Malley be appointed in substitution for him on the 22nd November 2005.
Clerk to the Committee: Ronan Lenihan
Phone: + 353 (0) 1 618 3899
Fax: + 353 (0) 1 618 4123
Order of reference
Orders of reference agreed by Dáil Éireann on 16 October 2002 and by Seanad Éireann on 17 October 2002
- Report on Non-ionising radiation from mobile phone handsets and masts
- Second Report: Provision of a national high speed broadband infrastructure [including the costs to users and the potential to deliver Government, Business and Commerce functions through the national high speed broadband infrastructure] March 2004
- Fourth Report on Salmon Drift Netting, Draft Netting and Angling - October 2005
- Fifth Report: Local Radio: The Licencing Process - A Review of the Licencing System as experienced by Local Radio Stations in Ireland
- Sixth Report: Progress Report on the recommendations made in the Second Report of the Joint Committee - Provision of a national high speed broadband infrastructure [including the costs to users and the potential to deliver Government, Business and Commerce functions through the national high speed broadband infrastructure]
- Seventh Report Review of Energy and Presentations of all the groups who appeared before the Committee on Communications, Marine and Natural Resources in relation to the Energy Report: Please click here to view
- Eighth Report Consideration, with major stakeholders, of matters of interest in the context of proposed Broadcasting Legislation
- Committee Report no. 30: EU Scrutiny of COM (2005) 646 - Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Council Directive 89/552/EEC on the coordination of certain provisions laid down by law, regulation or administrative action in Member States concerning the pursuit of television broadcasting activities - June 2006
- Tenth Report: Considerations, recommendations and conclusions on the Joint Committee's consultation on the draft General Scheme of the Broadcasting Bill.
- Eleventh Report: Review of progress on broadband rollout
Joint and Select Committee Debates (2004 ---)
Joint and Dáil Select Committee, and Sub-Committee on Information Commuications Technology Debates 2002 - 2003
All Committee debates (Unrevised/revised) are now published on the debates site above. We have discontinued the practice of publishing debates on this page. Unrevised debates previously appearing on this page are available here, but will be deleted shortly.