The Joint Committee on Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth invites written submissions from interested individuals or groups on the General Scheme of the Child Care (Amendment) Bill 2021.
The Committee will consider any suitable written submissions received and may decide to invite a number of contributors to public hearings, should it be considered necessary.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is 1 pm on Friday, 17 December 2021.
How to send your submission
Please email an electronic document (searchable PDF/MS Word or equivalent) to email@example.com.
Please do not send hard copies of your electronic submission, as this may cause confusion and duplication.
If you do not have access to email, please contact the Secretariat at +353 (0)85 8874128 to make alternative arrangements.
Please do not send your submission to individual Committee members. The Clerk will ensure all members receive copies of all submissions.
What to include in your submission
Your submission should comprise the submission document and a separate covering letter. This allows the Committee to publish your submission without your contact details.
In the covering letter, please include:
- Your name, postal address, email address and contact telephone number
- If the submission is on behalf of an organisation, your position in the organisation
- A brief outline of why you are making the submission
- An indication of whether you would be willing to appear in public session at a Committee meeting
In the submission document, please include:
- A brief introduction, for example, explaining your area of expertise
- Any factual information that you have to offer from which the Committee might be able to draw conclusions, or which could be put to other parties for their reactions
- Links to any publications you refer to - there is no need to send such publications as attachments
- Any recommendations to the Committee - be as specific as possible and summarise your recommendations at the end of the document
- If your document is more than ten pages long, an executive summary of the main points made in the submission
Tips on writing your submission
Keep your submission concise and to the point. Please do not include any unnecessary or superfluous material that does not relate directly to the topic.
If you refer to other publications, include links to the publications. There is no need to send them as attachments.
Please remember to number your pages.
If you would like more detailed guidance on writing your submission, please contact the Clerk to the Committee, Anita Gibbons.
The Committee cannot consider submissions which deal with matters outside its remit.
The Committee cannot consider submissions which deal with individual cases.
Submissions sent to any other email address will not be accepted.
Anonymous submissions cannot be accepted and will be rejected.
Petitions and form letters may not be accepted or published.
Submissions made to a Committee may be published as received, either as part of a Committee report or separately, if the Committee decides to do so.
Making a submission is a public process
The Committee is not obliged to accept your document once it has been submitted, nor is it obliged to publish any or all of the submission if it has been accepted. However, the operations of a parliament are a public process, and you should be aware that any submissions made to a Committee including your identity may be published either as part of a Committee report, or separately, if the Committee decides to do so.
Before making your submission, please read our privacy statement.
Clerk to the Committee