The Joint Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine invites written submissions from interested groups or individuals on the future of the beef sector in the context of Food Wise 2025
The Committee will consider any suitable written submissions received and may decide to invite a number of contributors to public hearings.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is 21 March 2019 at 5.00 pm, with public hearings expected to take place in March/April 2019.
How to send your submission
Please email an electronic document (PDF/MS Word or equivalent) to email@example.com.
Please do not send hard copies of your submission, as this may cause confusion and duplication.
Please do not send your submission to individual committee members. The Clerk will ensure all members receive copies of all submissions.
What to include in your submission
Your submission should comprise your submission document and a separate covering letter. This allows the Committee to publish your submission without your contact details.
In the covering letter, please include:
- your name, postal address, email address and contact telephone number
- if the submission is on behalf of an organisation, your position in the organisation
- a brief outline of why you are making the submission
- an indication of whether you would be willing to appear in public session at a committee meeting
In the submission document please include:
- a brief introduction, for example, explaining your area of expertise
- responses to some or all of the points raised in our Call for Submissions document
- any factual information that you have to offer from which the committee might be able to draw conclusions, or which could be put to other parties for their reactions
- links to any publications you refer to; there is no need to send such publications as attachments
- any recommendations to the committee; be as specific as possible and summarise your recommendations at the end of the document
- if your document is more than 10 pages long, an executive summary of the main points made in the submission
Please remember to be concise and to number your pages.
Submissions sent to any other email address may not be accepted.
Anonymous submissions cannot be accepted and will be rejected.
Petitions and form letters may not be accepted or published.
Submissions made to a Committee may be published as received, either as part of a Committee report or separately, if the Committee decides to do so.
Making a submission is a public process
The Committee is not obliged to accept your document once it has been submitted, nor is it obliged to publish any or all of the submission if it has been accepted. However, the operations of a parliament are a public process, and you should be aware that any submissions made to a Committee including your identity may be published either as part of a Committee report, or separately, if the Committee decides to do so.
Need more guidance?
If you would like more detailed guidance, please read the document Making Submissions and Presentations to Oireachtas Committees below or contact the clerk or the policy advisor to the Committee.
Clerk to the Committee
(01) 618 3717
Policy advisor to the Committee
(01) 618 3106
Joint Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine,
Houses of the Oireachtas Service,