To ask the Minister for Finance whether a Civil Service Committee has been or is about to be set up to consider the amount of pension or other compensation to be awarded to public servants whose posts may be abolished, whose services are not required, or who may retire voluntarily in consequence of recent administrative changes; if so, will he state the personnel of this Committee, its terms of reference, and whether or not interested parties will be entitled to give evidence before the Committee, or otherwise make representations with regard to their position.

The Government propose to set up a Committee to advise them as to the compensation payable to officers who retire or are discharged in consequence of the change of Government. I am not yet in a position to announce the terms of reference and the personnel of the Committee, but I hope to be able to do so at an early date. It will rest with the Committee to decide as to hearing the interested parties.