To ask the Minister for Fisheries if he is aware:—
(1) that in 1919 the Department of Agriculture issued an order extending the mouth of the Carrowbeg or Westport River about 1 ¼ miles seaward, and a like distance from its natural outlet.
(2) that this extension runs through the fairway channel of Westport Harbour.
(3) that fishing was prohibited within a specific distance of the artificial mouth then defined.
(4) that this extension was authorised for the promotion of a private interest, and as an aid to private pleasure, and confiscated the rights of fishermen working for a livelihood.
(5) that seeing that this unnatural extension serves no useful or national purpose, will the Minister cancel the order authorising such extension and if the order extending the mouth of the Moyour River, which was issued at the same time as the order extending the mouth of the Carrowbeg River, and for the same purpose, will also be cancelled?