I propose to ask the House to accept the following amendments from the Seanad:—
1. Section 2, sub-section (3). After the word "authority" in line 45 the words "other than a medical officer in such employment" inserted.
2. Section 3, sub-section (1). Before the word "all" in line 3 the word "includes" inserted.
3. Section 3, sub-section (1). After the word "made" in line 15 the words "or are deemed under this section to be made" inserted.
4. Section 3, sub-section (1). A new paragraph added at the end of the sub-section as follows:—
"(h) payments by way of fees or other remuneration payable to registrars of stocks or other securities issued by local authorities."
5. Section 3, sub-section (2). A new sub-section inserted before the sub-section as follows:—
"(2) Where in the current local financial year any officer, other than an officer employed to perform duties of an occasional nature, purchases equipment required for the performance of his duties as such officer and for the purchase of which no allowance is expressly made to him, the Minister on the application of such officer may, if he thinks proper, declare in writing that a specified proportion of the salary of such officer, or of every officer of the class to which such officer belongs, is paid for the purpose of purchasing such equipment, and whenever the Minister so declares, such proportion of such salary shall be deemed to be payments made as an allowance for or towards necessary equipment."
6. Section 5. The word "such" deleted where it first occurs in line 36.
7. Section 10. The section deleted.
8. Section 19, sub-section (1). The words "the year or any part of the current local financial year" deleted in line 46 and the words "the current local financial year or any part thereof" substituted therefor.
9. Section 19, sub-section (1). The word "minimum" deleted in line 49, and also in line 50.