asked the Minister for Education if she will rescind her recent decision not to proceed with the building of a new college at Our Lady of Mercy secondary school, Woodford, County Galway; if she will confirm her announcement in this college last year that this school project would go ahead; the date of sanction; the amount of money allocated to the project; and if she will make a statement on the matter.
Written Answers. - County Galway School.
I have not given a decision not to proceed with this new school building scheme. Action on the scheme was suspended pending review as provided for in paragraph 5.12 of my Programme for Action in Education. This review has now been completed and I have authorised the resumption of architectural planning. The project, which is expected to cost approximately £470,000, at present prices, when completed, is now at working-drawings stage.