(1) That a Select Committee consisting of 7 members of Dáil Éireann be appointed to be joined with a Select Committee to be appointed by Seanad Éireann to form a Joint Committee (to be called the Joint Committee on the Irish Language).
(2) That the Joint Committee shall from time to time review and make recommendations in relation to
(a) the extension of the use of Irish in the proceedings of the Dáil and Seanad and in the environs of both Houses, and
(b) the promotion of the Irish language in general,
and report to the Houses of the Oireachtas at least once a year on aspects of each.
(3) That the Joint Committee shall have power to appoint sub-committees and to refer to such sub-committees any matters comprehended by paragraph (2) of this Order.
(4) That, subject to the consent of the Minister for Finance, the Joint Committee shall have the power to engage the services of persons with specialist or technical knowledge to assist it or any of its sub-committees in its consideration of any matters comprehended by paragraph (2).
(5) That in the absence from a particular meeting of the Joint Committee (or of a sub-committee) of a member who is a member of Dáil Éireann, another member of Dáil Éireann nominated by the Party or group within the meaning of Standing Order 89 to which the absent member belongs may take part in the proceedings and vote in his stead.
(6) That the Joint Committee and each sub-committee, previous to the commencement of business, shall elect one of its members to be Chairman, who shall have only one vote.
(7) That all questions in the Joint Committee and in each sub-committee shall be determined by a majority of votes of the members present and voting and in the event of there being an equality of votes the question shall be decided in the negative.
(8) That the Joint Committee and each sub-committee shall have power to take evidence in public; and that the Joint Committee shall have power to print and publish from time to time such minutes of evidence taken, together with such related documents as it thinks fit.
(9) That every report which the Joint Committee proposes to make shall, on adoption by the Joint Committee, be laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas forthwith, whereupon the Joint Committee shall be empowered to print and publish such report, together with such related documents as it thinks fit.
(10) That the quorum of the Joint Committee shall be four, of whom at least one shall be a member of Dáil Éireann and one a member of Seanad Éireann, and that the quorum of each sub-committee shall be three, at least one of whom shall be a member of Dáil Éireann and one a member of Seanad Éireann.