Written Answers. - Local Authority Funding.

Jack Wall


451 Mr. Wall asked the Minister for the Environment and Local Government if his Department has grants available towards the provision of roller skating, blade skating or skating areas in local authority areas; if his attention has been drawn to the fact that insurance is a problem in such areas; if he will have investigations made into the problems that local authorities have in providing such facilities in their areas; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8218/01]

There are no grants available from my Department for the provision of such areas. Provision of recreation and amenity areas generally is a matter for local authorities, as is the question of insurance to cover the activities for which such areas are intended.

Question No. 452 answered with Question No. 427.