Written Answers. - Services for People with Disabilities.

Bernard J. Durkan


227 Mr. Durkan asked the Minister for Health and Children if a person (details supplied) in County Kildare whose child has special needs can receive financial assistance towards pre-school costs; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [19105/03]

Responsibility for the provision of services to persons with an intellectual disability or autism in the Kildare region lies with the Eastern Regional Health Authority. My Department has, therefore, asked the chief executive of the authority to investigate the matter and reply directly to the Deputy.