Topical Issue Matters

I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joan Collins - the need to confirm when the proposed night café for the homeless will open; (2) Deputy Seán Kyne - the need to consider the extension of Scoil Mhuire, Moycullen, County Galway, roll No. 19529C, with permanent classrooms to replace the eight prefabs currently being used for many of the 400 and more pupils; (3) Deputies Michael McNamara, Timmy Dooley, Joe Carey and Kieran O'Donnell - the need to maintain the Aer Lingus Heathrow slots to ensure balanced regional development; (4) Deputy Regina Doherty - emergency funding for the life-saving drug, Soliris, eculizumab, for the urgent and immediate treatment of all patients living with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria, PNH; (5) Deputy Jim Daly - the need for a dedicated stream of funding to progress construction of greenways, blueways and other outdoor trails; (6) Deputy Mattie McGrath - the need for the Government to clearly outline its response to the escalating home repossession crisis; (7) Deputy Marcella Corcoran Kennedy - the delay in decision-making around energy generation which could give shovel-ready gas-fired Lumcloon energy power plant, County Offaly the go ahead; (8) Deputy Billy Timmins - to ask the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government what the implications are, if any, following the recent Supreme Court judgment with respect to the Mahon-Flood tribunal and if he will make a statement on the matter; (9) Deputy Catherine Murphy - the urgent need for a review of school enrolment options in the north Kildare area with particular regard to the extreme shortage of appropriate Gaelscoil places; (10) Deputy Thomas P. Broughan - the urgent need for the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation to address the discontinuation of funding for business development managers under the community enterprise centre scheme with a resulting serious impact for small business and employment; (11) Deputy Seán Kenny - the need to commence the Fines (Payment and Recovery) Act 2014 which was passed by the Oireachtas early last year; (12) Deputy Mick Wallace - to discuss the recent senior Garda promotions and how these positions are allocated; (13) Deputy Brendan Griffin - the withdrawal of €4.35 million from the N86 Tralee to Dingle road improvement project in 2015; (14) Deputy Clare Daly - to discuss the latest batch of senior Garda promotions in the context of complaints against Garda management in several divisions; (15) Deputy Willie O'Dea - the need to revise the changes to the one-parent family payment; (16) Deputy Eamonn Maloney - housing and the need for democratic control; (17) Deputy Billy Kelleher - the need to adapt the home renovation incentive scheme so that family caregivers funding adaptation renovations in the home of a person with dementia can avail of it; (18) Deputy Sean Fleming - the need to ensure the provision of Soliris, eculizumab, medication for all patients in need of it; (19) Deputy Michael Moynihan - the need for the Minister for Health to outline what measures he will be taking to upgrade public nursing homes to the appropriate standards; (20) Deputy Paul Murphy - the use of JobBridge interns to operate Jobs Club schemes; (21) Deputy Richard Boyd Barrett - the Environmental Protection Agency report on water quality and the implications for Irish Water's investment programme; (22) Deputy Brendan Smith - the need for the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government to outline the actions that will be taken to deal with pollution of waterways in the north east, including Lough Muckno, due to the activities of those engaged in diesel laundering and illegal trading of fuel; (23) Deputy Ruth Coppinger - the Oxfam research on global wealth that indicates the most wealthy 1% of the globe will own more than the remaining 99% by 2016; and (24) Deputy Charlie McConalogue - to ask the Minister for Justice and Equality’s response to an emergency measure being taken by Garda authorities in Donegal to withdraw some Garda members from rural stations to address manpower shortages in Letterkenny and the shortage of Garda resources in the county.

The matters raised by Deputies Joan Collins, Michael McNamara, Timmy Dooley, Joe Carey and Kieran O'Donnell, Jim Daly and Willie O'Dea have been selected for discussion.