(1) That Select Committees as set out in column (1) of the Schedule hereto are hereby appointed pursuant to Standing Order 71.
(2) Each Select Committee shall perform the functions set out in Standing Order 71 in respect of the Government Department or Departments listed in column (2) opposite each Committee (in anticipation of the coming into effect of the necessary Government Orders in relation to names of Departments and titles of Ministers and transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions).
(3) The number of members appointed to each Select Committee shall be 5
(4) Each Select Committee shall have the powers defined in Standing Order 72, other than paragraphs (6) to (10).
(5) Each Select Committee shall be joined with a Select Committee appointed by Dáil Éireann to form a Joint Committee to carry out the functions set out in Standing Order 71, other than at paragraph (5) thereof.
(6) Each Joint Committee shall have the powers defined in Standing Orders 72, 116 and 118.
(7) The Select Committee on Justice shall have the powers defined in Standing Order 117(1)(b).