Tuesday, 27 January 2004

Questions (350)

Richard Bruton


458 Mr. R. Bruton asked the Minister for Education and Science if his Department will make funds available to parents where there is a deficit in the psychological service available to children locally; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [1525/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Education and Science)

Pending the full roll-out of the national educational psychological service, NEPS, my Department established the scheme for the commissioning of psychological assessments, SCPA. Under this scheme, schools without a NEP service can commission psychological assessments from an approved panel of private practitioners. The scheme is continuing to operate in the current school year.