Wednesday, 4 February 2004

Questions (185)

Jack Wall


276 Mr. Wall asked the Minister for Health and Children the position of an application by a person (details supplied) in County Carlow for funding towards their placement at a special school; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3331/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Health and Children)

Responsibility for the provision of funding for services to people with an intellectual disability and those with autism in the Carlow area lies, in the first instance, with the South Eastern Area Health Board. My Department, therefore, has asked the chief executive officer of the health board to investigate the matter raised by the Deputy and reply directly to him.