Tuesday, 10 February 2004

Questions (238)

Olivia Mitchell


314 Ms O. Mitchell asked the Minister for Health and Children when a person (details supplied) in County Wicklow will receive speech therapy services to enable them attend mainstream school. [3570/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Health and Children)

The provision of health related services, including speech and language therapy, for people with physical and, or, sensory disabilities is a matter for the Eastern Regional Health Authority and the health boards in the first instance. Accordingly, the Deputy's question has been referred to the chief executive officer of the Eastern Regional Health Authority with a request that he examine the matter and reply directly to the Deputy, as a matter of urgency.