Thursday, 26 February 2004

Questions (148)

Niall Blaney


147 Mr. Blaney asked the Minister for Transport the plans he has to reform the legislation whereby drivers who reside here and who drive Northern Ireland category A company vehicles are treated differently to drivers of category B company vehicles in similar circumstances; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6402/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Transport)

A category A vehicle is a motorcycle and a category B vehicle is a car or small van. A person who holds a driving licence issued by an EU member state or the European economic area, including Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, in the appropriate category is licensed to drive a vehicle of that category in Ireland for so long as that licence remains valid. My officials will be in touch with the Deputy directly on the matter.