Tuesday, 19 October 2004

Questions (274)

Paul Kehoe


414 Mr. Kehoe asked the Minister for Transport the action which must be taken to drive here by a person who holds a western Australia class C driving licence having previously held two provisional Irish licences; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25493/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Transport)

A temporary visitor to Ireland from Australia who holds an Australian driving licence or an international driving permit may drive here for the duration of the visit up to a maximum period of 12 months. Where a person who holds an Australian driving licence takes up residence in Ireland, he or she may exchange his or her licence for an Irish driving licence, without the need for a driving test. Application to exchange the licence is made to the local licensing authority.

Question No. 415 answered with QuestionNo. 412.