Wednesday, 20 October 2004

Questions (190)

Billy Timmins


292 Mr. Timmins asked the Minister for Defence the way in which a member of the Defence Forces can be discharged on conduct grounds with respect to criminal or civil convictions; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25617/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Defence)

Defence Forces regulations provide for the discharge of an enlisted person as a result of conviction by the civil power and on conviction by the Special Criminal Court. The discharge may be carried out on the application of the individual's commanding officer, but where an appeal is pending no decision is taken on discharge until the appeal has been determined.