Wednesday, 22 November 2006

Questions (261)

Jack Wall


293 Mr. Wall asked the Minister for Health and Children the considerations given by her Department with the Health Service Executive for the provision of independent living units on lands within the ownership of the Health Service Executive; the areas under consideration; the reports commissioned by her Department as to the value of such units; the consultations with the various local authorities in regard to the implementation of such projects; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [39662/06]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Health and Children)

The Deputy's question relates to the management and delivery of health and personal social services, which are the responsibility of the Health Service Executive under the Health Act 2004. Accordingly, my Department has requested the Parliamentary Affairs Division of the Executive to arrange to have this matter investigated and to have a reply issued directly to the Deputy.