Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Questions (129)

Jack Wall


130 Deputy Jack Wall asked the Minister for Social Protection the position regarding a person’s (details supplied) in County Kildare appeal against the decision to refuse their application for domiciliary care allowance; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [32547/12]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Social Protection)

The Social Welfare Appeals Office has advised me that an appeal, by the person concerned, was registered in that office on 25th February 2012. It is a statutory requirement of the appeals process that the relevant Departmental papers and comments by or on behalf of the Deciding Officer on the grounds of appeal be sought. When received, the case will be referred to an Appeals Officer who will make a summary decision on the appeal based on the documentary evidence presented or, if required, hold an oral hearing.

The Social Welfare Appeals Office functions independently of the Minister for Social Protection and of the Department and is responsible for determining appeals against decisions on social welfare entitlements.