Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Questions (254)

Billy Timmins


257 Deputy Billy Timmins asked the Minister for Health if the hospital manager at Clonmel Hospital, County Tipperary and the Caredoc manager for Clonmel will contact a person (details supplied). [32761/12]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Health)

With regard to specific complaints in relation to experiences of individuals in our hospitals, there is a formal complaints policy, details of which are on the HSE website, at In addition, advice and instructions for making complaints about a service or an individual may be found at

In accordance with this procedure, a complaint must be made in the first instance, to the hospital in which the incident causing the complaint occurred.

In the case of South Tipperary General Hospital, the complaint can be addressed to:

The Complaint's Officer,

South Tipperary General Hospital,

Western Road,


Co Tipperary.

Phone: 052 6177000.

If an individual is not satisfied with the response from the hospital, a review can be sought from the HSE Director of Advocacy and the Ombudsman, whose details are set out below:

HSE Director of Advocacy,

Oak House,

Millennium Park,


Co. Kildare.

Tel 1890 424 555.

Office of the Ombudsman,

18 Lower Leeson Street,

Dublin 2.

Tel.: 1890 223 030.


I have asked the HSE to answer the specific queries you have raised and to reply to you directly.