Thursday, 12 July 2012

Questions (100)

Dan Neville


99 Deputy Dan Neville asked the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the advice or assistance available to a person (details supplied) in County Limerick; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34242/12]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation)

Information Officers from the Workplace Relations Customer Service (WRCS) phone service provide impartial information on a wide variety of employment rights legislation to both employees and employers by telephone, in writing and by email.

The service is available at 1890 80 80 90, Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 5 pm (including lunch). However, an advice or advocacy service is not provided.

An extensive range of explanatory leaflets, and a comprehensive Guide to Labour Law, can also be downloaded from the WRCS website at

Where an employee has not been paid, or is owed wages, and whether currently in employment, or if the employment has ended, a complaint concerning the underpayment or non-payment of wages can be taken to the Rights Commissioner Service under the Payment of Wages Act.

A single complaint form is available for complaints to the Rights Commissioners Service. The complaint form, together with details on taking a case, is available from or through their Information Service at 1890 80 80 90.

An Information Officer has been in contact with Mr Barrett and provided him with information on his entitlements.