Thursday, 12 July 2012

Questions (170)

Patrick Nulty


173 Deputy Patrick Nulty asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government the amount paid to Homebond in relation to social and affordable housing units constructed on behalf of local authorities in the past ten years; the means by which a homeowner can ascertain the amount that was paid from their house asking price to Homebond; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34109/12]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government)

The amounts paid by building contractors and developers to companies providing structural guarantees, including amounts paid to HomeBond, are a matter between the parties concerned and not one in which the local authority or my Department had any involvement. Accordingly, it is not possible to provide details of the amounts paid by contractors or developers in respect of the structural guarantees on properties acquired by local authorities under my Department's social housing investment programme.