Thursday, 12 July 2012

Questions (91)

Tom Fleming


90 Deputy Tom Fleming asked the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform if he will investigate the possibility of funding being made available to carry out coastal protection works in the vicinity of the property of a person (details supplied) in County Kerry; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34055/12]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Expenditure)

It is open to Kerry County Council to submit an application to the Office of Public Works under the Minor Flood Mitigation Works and Coastal Protection Scheme for funding to undertake works at the location concerned.

Any application submitted will be assessed under the eligibility criteria for coastal erosion protection measures and having regard to the overall availability of budgetary resources.