Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Questions (888)

Sean Fleming


902 Deputy Sean Fleming asked the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport the full list of allowances that are not subject to income tax and the rates applicable that are available to him and Ministers of State in his Department in respect of their official duties including allowances relating to periods when they are away from their offices, either within the State or abroad; the actual amounts claimed and paid since 9 March 2011 to him and Ministers of State; if these are currently under review; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [35071/12]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport)

As a Member of the Oireachtas and an Office holder I receive my allowances as a Member of the House. These allowances are a matter for the House itself under Article 15(10) of the Constitution and are not a matter for which I am answerable. Travel and subsistence allowances are payable in accordance with circulars issued by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform. These circulars are published and available on the website www.finance.gov.ie. The amount claimed and paid for official travel are on my Departments website at www.dttas.ie.