Thursday, 7 March 2013

Questions (196)

Bernard Durkan


196. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the residency status/entitlement to long term residency/eligibility for naturalisation in the case of a person (details supplied) in County Kildare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12213/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

I refer the Deputy to my reply to Dáil Questions Nos 1215 of 18th September, 2012, and 152 of 27 September 2012 which relate to the person the subject of this question also. In my reply of 18th September I stated "the person referred to by the Deputy has permission to remain and work in the State until 6 January 2013. He has not contacted INIS in relation to an extension of permission to remain in the State beyond that date or to change the status of that permission."

This remains the position. The person referred to by the Deputy should make an application regarding an extension of his immigration permission, to the General Immigration Section of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS), 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to INIS by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from INIS is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.