Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Questions (200)

Simon Harris


200. Deputy Simon Harris asked the Minister for Education and Skills the way the parents of a child (details supplied) in County Wicklow who have a recommendation from the early intervention team to split their child's school day between mainstream and a special needs school can go about ensuring that this happens; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12313/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

The Deputy will be aware that the National Council for Special Education (NCSE) through its network of local Special Educational Needs Organisers (SENOs), is responsible for processing applications from primary and post primary schools for special educational needs supports. The NCSE operates within my Department's criteria in allocating such supports. SENOs are a valuable source of support to parents who are actively sourcing a placement for their children or on deciding the most appropriate placement for their child.

The parents of the child concerned should contact their local SENO directly to discuss their child's special educational needs, using the contact details available on www.ncse.ie.