Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Questions (413)

Dara Calleary

Question:

413. Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government if he will outline in tabular form the amount of LEADER funding available, approved and paid out by each local partnership company; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12912/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

In late 2011 the European Commission approved a change in the maximum co-funding rate from 55% to 85% for the Axes 3 and 4 elements (LEADER) of Ireland’s Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2007-2013. Prior to this the Axes 3 and 4 RDP measures were co-funded at a rate of 55% by the EU, with the remaining 45% coming from national exchequer sources. The 2011 agreement reduced the national exchequer input to 15% on a net basis for 2012 and 2013 without a concomitant increase in the amount of funding to be provided by the EU. This resulted in a reduction in the overall Programme complement from €427m to approximately €314m on the basis of the Programme achieving full spend by the end of 2013.

In this context the original project allocations given to each Local Development Company (LDC) contracted to deliver the LEADER elements of the RDP required readjustment.  My Department is currently determining the level of project commitments across all LDCs and all RDP measures in order to complete the rebalancing of the programme in as equitable a way as possible.  In addition, given the levels of spending by the LDCs from 2009 to date it is very unlikely that full spend will be achieved by the end of 2013. The co-funding rate will revert to 55% for all expenditure beyond the end of 2013 and as a consequence of this the overall Programme requirement will also change. Until such time as the rebalancing exercise as outlined has been satisfactorily completed it is not possible to be definitive regarding the remaining funding available for project commitments under Axis 3&4 of the RDP. I expect this exercise to be completed shortly.

The table details the current level of project approval and expenditure in all of the LDCs contracted to deliver Axes 3 and 4 of the RDP.

LDC

Committed

Total Paid

Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd.

4,217,878.38

3,385,710.10

Ballyhoura Development Ltd.

14,429,162.29

5,268,439.46

Carlow County Development Partnership Ltd

3,486,286.22

2,778,461.28

Cavan-Monaghan LEADER

6,314,067.95

2,869,133.36

Cill Dara Ar Aghaidh Teo

5,071,129.39

1,990,890.79

Clare Local Development Company Ltd.

10,686,208.00

5,163,073.00

Co Kilkenny LEADER Partnership

6,436,001.03

3,917,653.61

Co Wicklow Community Partnership

3,525,781.00

2,507,862.00

Co. Sligo LEADER Partnership Company Ltd

6,593,078.55

4,369,172.57

Comhar na nOileáin Teoranta

2,796,223.99

1,863,384.47

Donegal Local Development Company Ltd.

5,794,695.99

4,342,364.36

Fingal LEADER Partnership Co.

2,090,851.39

758,607.42

FORUM Connemara Ltd.

2,715,975.79

1,866,918.03

Galway Rural Development Company

7,315,283.19

4,528,771.51

Inishowen Development Partnership

4,920,640.57

3,151,737.98

IRD Duhallow Ltd.

9,222,328.87

4,067,790.60

Laois Community and Enterprise Dev

6,016,828.44

2,721,392.88

Leitrim Integrated Development Co Ltd

5,300,346.55

3,100,806.09

Longford Community Resources Ltd

4,509,771.15

2,533,703.81

Louth LEADER Partnership

3,043,973.10

2,200,084.05

Mayo North East LEADER Partnership Co.

4,019,323.71

2,765,372.50

Meath Community Rural and Social Dev.

7,146,281.83

2,913,623.42

Meitheal Forbartha na Gaeltachta

4,169,606.03

1,968,042.53

North Tipperary LEADER Partnership

8,618,373.67

4,342,465.82

Offaly Integrated Local Dev Co. Ltd.

6,868,635.22

3,725,898.21

Roscommon Integrated Development Company

5,949,155.96

3,409,081.80

South and East Cork Area Dev Ltd.

5,395,952.82

3,423,500.20

South Kerry Development Ltd.

4,255,947.63

2,435,958.98

South Tipperary Local Development Co Ltd

8,911,725.37

4,216,241.13

South West Mayo Development Company Ltd

5,387,662.76

4,040,148.06

Waterford LEADER Partnership Ltd.

6,832,761.05

3,717,463.09

West Cork Development Partnership Ltd.

7,329,807.97

4,371,683.45

West Limerick Resources Ltd

4,570,850.87

2,757,936.41

Westmeath Community Development Ltd

4,131,133.17

2,210,001.36

Wexford Local Development

7,616,928.25

4,375,536.35

 

210,374,443.29

116,588,121.22