The Water Services Investment Programme 2010 – 2013, a copy of which is available in the Oireachtas Library, provides for the development of a comprehensive range of new water services infrastructure in County Limerick. The Programme consists of contracts under construction and to commence to the value of some €29 million in the county, representing Limerick County Council’s priorities for the period of the programme.
In total there are eight sewerage schemes/contracts in County Limerick included in the Programme either to start construction during the lifetime of the Programme or advance through planning. Works are ongoing in respect of three of these contracts, namely:
- Kilmallock Sewerage Scheme – Wastewater Treatment Plant;
- Patrickswell Sewerage Scheme – Networks contract; and
- Mungret Sewerage Scheme – Networks contract.
The remaining schemes/contracts in the Water Services Investment Programme 2010 – 2013, namely:
- Askeaton Sewerage Scheme – Wastewater Treatment Plant;
- Dromcollogher Sewerage Scheme – Wastewater Treatment Plant and Networks Contracts;
- Abbeyfeale Sewerage Scheme – Treatment Plant Upgrade;
- Castletroy Sewerage Scheme; and
- Newcastlewest Sewerage Scheme
are at different stages of planning. Each of these schemes/contracts are standalone projects and there are no bundled schemes included in the Programme for County Limerick.