Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Questions (666)

Patrick O'Donovan


666. Deputy Patrick O'Donovan asked the Minister for Health if he will provide details on the way a person who believes that the care that they received in a public hospital was below standard and led to a deterioration in their quality of life and a longer than normal stay as an inpatient in hospital may attain compensation and redress for their situation. [31752/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Health)

Part 9 of the Health Act 2004 provides for the making of complaints. The Health Service Executive (HSE) has published a "National Healthcare Charter, You and Your Health Service" which outlines what service users can expect and what their responsibilities are whenever and wherever they use health services and the mediation and facilitation provided for the handling of complaints. This document is available at www.hse.ie.