Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Questions (209)

Martin Heydon


209. Deputy Martin Heydon asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government the assistance provided to a person (details supplied) in County Kildare who is having issues with a property next door; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [41378/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

There is no legislation in Ireland regulating the height of trees and hedges. However, there is a civil remedy, of nuisance, available in respect of the branches or roots of a neighbour’s trees encroaching on one's property. Complaints relating to such matters are normally addressed, where necessary, under civil law between the parties concerned.