Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Questions (158)

Patrick Nulty


158. Deputy Patrick Nulty asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government if he will ensure funding is made available to Fingal County Council with respect to the scheme for alterations to council-rented dwellings to assist disabled and older persons in urgent need of home alteration works; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44985/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

Under my Department's Social Housing Investment Programme, local authorities are allocated funding each year in respect of a range of measures to improve the standard and overall quality of their social housing stock, including the regeneration of large social housing estates and flat complexes, estate-wide remedial works schemes, funding for extensions and adaptations to meet the needs of tenants with a disability etc. Funding is also provided by my Department for a programme of works aimed at improving the overall standard and energy efficiency of the housing stock.

Earlier in 2013, I allocated just over €1.29 million to Fingal County Council for spending on a range of retrofitting and remedial works. This includes some €159,000 for the provision of adaptations and extensions to meet the needs of particular tenants.