Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Questions (109)

Mick Wallace


109. Deputy Mick Wallace asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government if his attention has been drawn to the difficulties faced by haulage companies regarding declaring their vehicles off-road (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [5027/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

In accordance with the provisions of the Non-Use of Motor Vehicles Act 2013, the minimum period for which a vehicle can be declared off the road is three months. However, the Act also provides that an owner can return the vehicle to the road early, if circumstances require, by applying for a vehicle licence for the vehicle. The vehicle licence will commence from the month in which the application to tax the vehicle is made and the end date of the Declaration of Non-Use will be changed to the end of the month before the vehicle licence commences. There is no requirement to pay arrears for earlier months.