Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Questions (111)

Éamon Ó Cuív

Question:

111. Deputy Éamon Ó Cuív asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government the funding provided for projects under the Leader programme 2007-13; the expenditure to date; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [4841/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

The current value of the Axes 3 and 4 elements of the Rural Development Programme 2007-2013 is €370 million. In addition, €5 million has been provided for an Axis 1 Agri-food measure. Of this, up to a maximum of 20% can be spent on administration expenses leaving a minimum of 80% of the funding available for projects and animation expenses. To date €183 million has been spent on projects, €11.6 million on animation expenses and €51 million has been spent on administration.