Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Questions (632)

Michelle Mulherin


632. Deputy Michelle Mulherin asked the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport in the case of a person who has had a newly issued driving licence lost or stolen, if he or she is required to undergo a further medical check and certification in order to obtain a replacement; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [14976/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Transport)

When a licence is lost or stolen, the holder must apply for a replacement using the standard form for a licence application.  No medical certificate is necessary, as the licence in question will be for the same period as the lost or stolen licence, and the NDLS will already have received a medical certificate, if required, for that period, before issuing the original licence.

Information on this and other driver licensing matters is publicly available on the website of the National Driver Licensing Service (NDLS).