Question No. 130 withdrawn
Single Payment Scheme Eligibility
131. Deputy Noel Harrington asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the payments received in respect of a person (details supplied) for each of the years 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014; the deductions made; when all further payments will be made; the amount due under the agri-environment option scheme, single farm payments, and disadvantaged area scheme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23782/14] View answer
A review of the land parcels declared by the person named under the 2013 Single Payment Scheme revealed that several of the land parcels declared contained ineligible features. As the person named submitted an application for a review of my Department’s decision, a visit by a Department official to verify the position was necessary to progress the matter. This verification visit was conducted and the outcome of the visit was relayed to the person named in a letter dated 28th May 2014. The implications for the person named under his applications for the Single Payment Scheme, the Disadvantaged Areas Scheme and the AEOS Scheme are currently under examination and the person named will be informed in writing of the outcome of this examination.
Agri-Environment Options Scheme Eligibility
132. Deputy Pat Breen asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine when an application for agri-environment option scheme 3 in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Clare will be processed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23786/14] View answer
The person named was approved for participation in the Agri-Environment Options Scheme (AEOS 3) with effect from the 1st May 2013.
During the checking process in respect of the 2013 Scheme year, a query arose in respect of land parcels declared which required digitisation. A request to digitise the parcels concerned was received by my Department, however the information submitted was insufficient. My Department is contacting the person named requesting additional information required to complete the digitisation process.
Once the digitisation process is completed, the application will be processed with a view to making payment in respect of 2013 at the earliest opportunity.
Single Payment Scheme Appeals
133. Deputy Noel Harrington asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if he will arrange for a new inspection to be carried out on the land holding of a person (details supplied) in County Cork who had some of their land parcels reclassified in respect of their 2013 payments and has now carried out clearing works on some of the land parcels; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23845/14] View answer
This herd owner was the subject of a Satellite Inspection in 2013. Over claims determined by that inspection were confirmed by an on the ground visit. The applicant was informed of the position by letter dated 10 December 2013.
Any clearance work carried out since the original inspection can of course be reflected in the land parcel details included on this year’s Single Payment Scheme (SPS) application form. In this regard the person named may amend the parcel area details on an SPS amendment form which may be submitted to my Department up to and including 9th June. An official from my Department has contacted the person named directly to explain the procedure for the submission of amendment forms.
134. Deputy Clare Daly asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the basis on which he was present at the Bilderberg group meeting in Copenhagen this week; if he was an official representative of the Government; who paid for the trip; and what was discussed. [23848/14] View answer
I received an invitation to attend the conference a number of months ago. I attended the conference in a personal capacity and covered all related costs.
Agriculture Scheme Appeals
135. Deputy Jim Daly asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the position regarding a farm payment appeal in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Cork; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23851/14] View answer
The Agriculture Appeals Office received an appeal from the above mentioned on 25 March 2014. The appeal was acknowledged and a request was sent to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine for the Department file and a statement on the issue. The Department file was received on 15 April 2014 and was assigned to an Appeals Officer.
As an oral hearing has been requested in this case, the Appeals Office has been in direct contact with the appellant in order to schedule the oral hearing. Following the oral hearing a decision letter on the case will issue.
Agriculture Scheme Eligibility
136. Deputy Seán Kyne asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the reasons for a clawback in money under the disadvantaged area scheme and the single payment scheme in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Galway; the basis on which the clawbacks were calculated; the relevant years detailed individually; the legislative basis on which the reductions were enacted; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23862/14] View answer
My Department is examining on an ongoing basis land parcels declared under the Single Payment Scheme and other area-based Direct Payment Schemes. As part of this review, ineligible areas were identified and removed from one land parcel declared by the person named, the net effect being that the person named was then deemed overpaid in each of the years 2009 to 2012, inclusive – these sums were subsequently offset against payment due to the person named under both the Single Payment Scheme and the Disadvantaged Areas Scheme. The person named was notified of this decision, in writing, and of his right of appeal; while he did respond questioning the calculation of the sums in question, he did not challenge the determination of the areas themselves as ineligible.
Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Payments
137. Deputy Timmy Dooley asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if a person (details supplied) in County Tipperary is now eligible for a disadvantaged area payment now that their stock density levels have increased; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23877/14] View answer
Applicants under the 2013 Disadvantaged Areas Scheme were required, inter alia, to have achieved a minimum stocking density of 0.3 livestock units per forage hectare in 2011, or have successfully applied for derogation. As the person named was unsuccessful in their derogation application, no payment is due to the applicant under the 2013 Scheme.