Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Questions (423)

Michelle Mulherin

Question:

423. Deputy Michelle Mulherin asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the reason for the delay in the REP scheme 2013 payment in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Mayo; if he will expedite the application and the issue of the payment; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24711/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Agriculture)

The person named commenced REPS 4 in January 2010 and received payments for the first three years of their contract.

REPS 4 is a measure under the 2007-13 Rural Development Programme and is subject to EU Regulations which require detailed administrative checks on all applications to be completed before any payments can issue. Following the administrative check an area discrepancy was discovered between the Single Farm Payment Scheme application for 2014 and the REPS Agri-Environmental Plan which had resulted in the necessity for further clarification. This issue has now been resolved and the 75% Year 4 payment has now been authorised for payment and will issue shortly. The remaining 25% balancing payment will issue thereafter.