Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Questions (110)

Bernard Durkan


110. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Social Protection the procedure to be followed to facilitate an interdepartmental transfer for civil servants of middle rank wishing to transfer to alternative Departments for whatever reason; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [28744/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Social)

The only formal structure in place in respect of transfers at Executive Officer level and above is the Central Applications Facility (CAF) that was established for locations included in the Decentralisation Programme. The CAF is administered by the Public Appointments Service.

While my department maintains informal transfer lists for the grades of Executive Officer and above I understand that not all departments do so. If an individual serving in my department wishes to be considered for a transfer to a department or location other than a CAF location, it is open to them to specify the Department or locations which are of interest to them to the HR Division of my department. HR in turn will forward the details to the relevant department asking that the person be included on the transfer list where one is maintained.