Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Questions (89)

Bernard Durkan


89. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform the procedure to be followed to facilitate an interdepartmental transfer for civil servants of middle rank wishing to transfer to alternative Departments for whatever reason; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28743/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Public)

There are no formal arrangements in place within the Civil Service to facilitate requests for transfers to other locations/employments, except in the case of grades represented by the Civil & Public Services Union. Transfers for these grades (mostly Clerical and Staff Officers) are arranged in accordance with formal procedures agreed with the Staff Side at General Council under the Conciliation and Arbitration Scheme for the Civil Service.

Interdepartmental transfers between other grades in the Civil Service can be arranged on an informal, head-to-head, basis. Such transfers are arranged between the officers seeking to move and the relevant Personnel Units and require the agreement of both Personnel Officers.