Wednesday, 14 February 2018

Questions (299)

Bernard Durkan


299. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if consideration will be given to an application for a widower's pension in the case of a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [7818/18]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

According to the records of my Department, an application for widow, widower or survivor’s contributory pension has not been received from the person concerned to date. The person’s entitlement can only be assessed on receipt of a completed application form.

Application forms for both widow, widower or survivor’s contributory pension and one-parent family payment, to which the person may have an entitlement, have been issued to the person concerned.

On receipt of a complete application form a deciding officer will assess the person’s entitlement and notify them in writing of the decision without delay.

I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.