Tuesday, 27 February 2018

Questions (407)

James Browne


407. Deputy James Browne asked the Minister for Health the number of children who, while in the care of the HSE, obtained treatment in the United Kingdom in each of the years 2015, 2016 and 2017; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9425/18]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Health)

The HSE operates the Treatment Abroad Scheme, for persons entitled to treatment in another EU/EEA Member State or Switzerland under EU Regulation 883/04, as per the procedures set out in EU Regulation 987/09, and in accordance with Department of Health Guidelines.

The HSE hold and record statistics on the Treatment Abroad Scheme and I have asked them to reply to the Deputy directly.