Thursday, 20 September 2018

Questions (241)

Fergus O'Dowd


241. Deputy Fergus O'Dowd asked the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government if an emergency funding application can be made by Louth County Council in respect of its social housing maintenance department's depleted funds; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38178/18]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Housing)

While my Department provides funding to support capital improvements to local authority housing, including through the Voids Programme, the routine management and maintenance of local authority housing stock, including maintenance programmes and carrying out of responsive repairs and pre-letting repairs, is a matter for each individual local authority under section 58 of the Housing Act 1966 and is not directly funded by my Department.