Agreement on Part V arrangements is a matter for local authorities. The current options available to local authorities for Part V delivery are:
- the transfer of ownership of land, subject to the planning permission application, to a local authority for the provision of social housing remains the default option as is currently the case. The land option must be acceptable to the local authority, as well as the developer;
- the building and transfer of ownership to the local authority, or persons nominated, of completed social housing units on the site subject to the planning permission;
- the transfer of ownership to the local authority, or persons nominated, of completed social housing units on other land;
- the Part V obligation can now be fulfilled by developers through long term leasing of properties; and
- a combination of the options above.
In relation to Part V units that are not funded through my Department's Schemes, my Department only collects data in relation to the number of units and does not hold information on the cost of the units involved. Published statistical information is available at the following link: