Thursday, 31 January 2019

Questions (107)

Bernard Durkan


107. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if travel documents will issue in the case of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [4905/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that if the person concerned wishes to apply for a travel document he or she must complete a Travel Document application form and submit it to the Travel Documents Section, Ministerial Decisions Unit, Repatriation Division, INIS, 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.

The application form and information about applying can be found on the INIS website at

Having received the application, the Travel Documents Section of the INIS will be in a position to consider if a travel document can issue. A travel document will not issue to a person who is not in the State or who does not have permission to be in the State. If a travel document does not issue the fee of €80 will not be charged.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.